MAN SHOT & KILLED IN POMPANO BEACH
- BSO Case Number: PB09-11-3138
- PIO Number: 09-11-14
- Date: November 12, 2009
- Time: 2:07 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 200 block of NE 14 Avenue, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Michael Frank, 22, 10/6/87, male, 2810 NE 39 Court, Lighthouse Point (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the murder of a Lighthouse Point man who was shot in Pompano Beach early Thursday morning.
The fatal encounter occurred shortly after 2 a.m. on November 12, in the 200 block of NE 14 Avenue in Pompano Beach. The victim, Michael Frank, was sitting with his friend in his friend’s car when a man walked up to the passenger side of the car and shot Frank.
Frank’s friend, who BSO homicide detectives are not identifying, immediately drove Frank to North Broward Medical Center and stayed with him until BSO deputies arrived at the hospital. Frank was pronounced dead at 2:32 a.m.
BSO detectives said the shooting was not random. Anyone with information on this case is asked to call BSO Homicide Det. Luis Rivera at (954) 321-4210 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Sgt. K. Kaminsky, RID & Homicide Det. L. Rivera
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO Pompano Beach November 12, 2009 1445
Posted At: 11/12/2009 02:45 PM
Translate This Page: