MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER OF GROUNDSKEEPER
- BSO Case Number: 02-1407-000478
- PIO Number: 14-7-21
- Date: July 5, 2014
- Time: 4:30 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 499 Sheridan Street, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Michael Kramer, male, 51, 4/24/63, 2230 Filmore Street, Apt. 1B, Hollywood (DECEASED)
- Issa Asad, male, 41, 3/4/73,12767 Equestrian Trail, Davie
Description of Incident:
A 41-year-old Davie man has been charged with murder after fatally injuring another man when he ran over him July 5 with his Mercedes. The victim had been doing work on the suspect’s property, and the two dickered over payment.
Around 4:30 p.m. July 5, Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to 499 Sheridan Street in Dania Beach. They arrived to find 51-year-old Michael Kramer unresponsive and badly injured. Witnesses told detectives that Kramer and a helper had finished some grounds-keeping work on the property when Asad, the owner, arrived. As Kramer stood in front of Asad’s black, four-door Mercedes S550, the two argued about payment. Kramer believed Asad owed him $65 more than Asad wanted to pay. Asad began inching the vehicle forward, and Kramer said, “Are you going to run me over?” Asad then said, “If you don’t move, I’m going to run you over.” Then, witnesses said, Asad stepped on the gas, running over Kramer with the front and back wheels.
Kramer never regained consciousness. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported him to Hollywood Memorial Hospital. He was later transferred to Hospice care in Aventura Hospital. He died of his injuries July 15. Asad was charged the day of the incident with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. The charge was upgraded when the victim died.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. Curcio, Sgt. Ellwood; CID; Dania Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 7/21/14 1645
Posted At: 07/21/2014 04:48 PM
Translate This Page: