WOMAN STRUCK AND KILLED IN TAMARAC
PEDESTRIAN AIRLIFTED TO HOSPITAL DIES FROM INJURIES
- BSO Case Number: TM13-03-02044
- PIO Number: 13-3-22
- Date: March 19, 2013
- Time: 9:20 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: West McNab Road and Northwest 80 Avenue, Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Jessica Llanos-Gil, 28, female, 12/03/84, Tamarac (DECEASED)
- Amanda Lozano, 63, female, 05/31/49, 8563 NW 61 St., Tamarac
Description of Incident:
A Tamarac woman was struck and killed Tuesday evening as she crossed McNab Road.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the 8000 block of West McNab Road after a westbound 1995 Jeep, driven by Amanda Lozano, 63, of Tamarac struck Jessica Llanos-Gil, 28. According to preliminary information by BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives, Llanos-Gil crossed the roadway northbound, against traffic and was struck by the Jeep. Llanos-Gil was airlifted by BSO Air Rescue to Broward Health Medical Center where she died just before 11 p.m. Tuesday.
The Jeep’s driver was uninjured and remained on the scene. At this time, no charges have been filed, however, the traffic homicide investigation remains ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI, D-7, BSO Air Rescue, Lt. Akers, Dets. Morales, Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 03/20/13 1600