BSO DETECTIVES IDENTIFY DANIA BEACH SHOOTER
Posted At: 08/10/2014 12:39 PM
- PIO Number: 14-8-6a
- Case Number: 02-1408-00946
- Date: August 8, 2014
- Time: 10:57 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 46 N.W. 10 Ct., Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Brandon Jones, 19, 11/16/94, 1431 N.W. 15 Ave., Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- adult male, name withheld (INJURED)
- Devontae Deas, male, 21, 10/7/92, 21 N.W. 10 Ct., Apt. #8, Dania Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have identified the gunman who killed one man and injured another Friday night in a shooting in front of a Dania Beach apartment building. They are looking for 21-year-old Devontae Deas, who faces one charge of first-degree murder and one of attempted murder.
Brandon Jones, 19, was killed in the incident that may have started out as a robbery attempt, detectives say. Jones' friend is expected to survive his gunshot wounds. Detectives are temporarily withholding his name and location for his protection.
BSO deputies responded to a report of a shooting just before 11 p.m. August 8 at the Gulfstream Apartments. They arrived to find two men with gunshot wounds on the ground in front of the building. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported them to Memorial Regional Hospital. Jones was pronounced dead later at the hospital,
Anyone who knows where Deas may be is asked to call BSO Det. Ricky Libman at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Libman, Curcio; Sgt. Ellwood; BSFR; BSO Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 8/10/14 1830
Translate This Page: