DEATH IN HOUSE FIRE
- Updated: 7/27/01 4:48:13 PM
- BSO Case Number: BS01-07-13982
- PIO Number: 01-7-53
- Date: July 27, 2001
- Time: 2:25 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 4640 N.E. 2 Terrace, near Fort Lauderdale
- name withheld, 84, female (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of an elderly woman whose body was discovered following a small fire inside her home.
BSO deputies and Broward County firefighters responded to a 911 call at 2:25 p.m. at 4640 N.E. 2nd Terrace near Fort Lauderdale. Firefighters entered the house and found the victim lying lifeless inside a bedroom where the fire had erupted.
BSO Homicide detectives found no sign of foul play and determined that the victim, believed to be an 84-year-old woman, had apparently been smoking in bed. The exact cause of death will be established by the Broward Medical Examiner.
The victim’s name is being withheld until she is positively identified and next of kin are notified.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Murray, Sgt. C. Adamsky; Jim Leljedal / PIO
Posted At: 07/27/2001 12:00 AM
Translate This Page: