BSO ON TRAIL OF ROBBERY TRIO
- BSO Case Number: PB02-08-01269
- PIO Number: 02-8-23
- Date: August 4, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: BP Amoco, 2690 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach, FL
- BP Amoco, 2690 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach, FL
- Three unidentified black males, mid to late 20’s: one slim build about 5 foot 10, one stocky build about 6 foot 1 with moustache, one medium build about 6 feet tall.
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives are working to track down the three thugs who roughed-up a Pompano Beach gas station clerk and made off with the day’s receipts.
According to the clerk, it was shortly before 2:00 a.m. on August 4, 2002, when an unidentified black male walked into the Amoco station at 2690 W. Sample Road, paid for twenty dollar’s worth of gasoline, then pumped just twelve dollar’s worth into the tank of his vehicle. The suspect came back into the store for his change and purchased a bottle of windshield washer fluid.
As the clerk turned to restock a store shelf, the suspect grabbed the unsuspecting man by the throat, started choking him, pushed him into a storage area, and threatened to shoot him if he moved. Still, the clerk was able to see two other unidentified black males enter the store.
Less than a minute later, the robbery trio was gone from the store along with cash from the register and several cartons of cigarettes. Fortunately, the gas station clerk was not injured.
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are asking for help identifying these potentially dangerous crooks. Crime scene photos of the suspects are attached to this news release, posted on the BSO website: www.sheriff.org.
Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000.00 for information leading to the arrests of these robbers. Information on this crime can be given anonymously by calling (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. L. Crew, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/14//02 12:00p.m.
Translate This Page: