RETICENT ROBBER HITS TWO BANKS
- BSO Case Number: TM02-07-0037 & TM02-07-0039
- PIO Number: 02-7-9
- Date: July 1, 2002 Places of Occurrence: Bank of America, 7001 N. University Dr., Tamarac & Union Planters Bank, 7118 N. University Dr., Tamarac
- Bank of America (Tamarac) & Union Planters Bank (Tamarac)
- Unidentified white male, late 30’s to early 40’s, short, dark, receding hair, medium
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office robbery detectives are on the trail of a timid man whose first attempt to rob a Tamarac bank was foiled by a disbelieving teller.
Shortly after 11:00 in the morning on Monday, July 1, 2002, the reticent robber walked into the Bank of America at 7001 North University Drive. After waiting in line, the man approached a teller and told the woman, “This is a Robbery.” When the teller, thinking the man was joking, responded with “No it’s not”, the apprehensive thief asked for a deposit slip, and walked away.
The uneasy suspect apparently spent the next ten minutes building up the nerve to try again. At around 11:25 a.m., he entered the Union Planters Bank at 7118 N. University Drive in Tamarac and tried once more. Again, he announced to a teller that he was robbing the bank, this time threatening the employee.
The teller handed the suspect a small amount of cash and he fled, running away through a nearby parking lot.
Broward Sheriff's Office robbery detectives describe the suspect as a white male in his late 30’s to early 40’s with a medium build and short, dark, receding hair. He was wearing a long sleeve denim shirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information on the identity of the reticent robber should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for information on this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Young
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 7/5//02 10:30 a.
Posted At: 07/05/2002 10:12 AM
Translate This Page: