MOTORCYCLIST DIES AFTER POMPANO BEACH CRASH
- BSO Case Number: PB12-02-01990
- PIO Number: 12-2-2
- Date: February 7, 2012
- Time: 9:18 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2100 block W. Atlantic Blvd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Diedra Watson, female, 30, 11/29/81, 1813 N.W. 3 St., Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
A man on a homemade motorcycle was fatally injured Tuesday night when his motorcycle collided with a car on Atlantic Boulevard in Pompano Beach.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators are working to determine what caused the crash, which happened at 9:18 p.m. in the intersection of Northwest 21 Avenue and Atlantic Boulevard. The road was shut down for hours as investigators worked. Laughman had been eastbound in the center lane and was going about 45 miles per hour, which is the posted speed limit. When he got to Northwest 21 Avenue, he hit the right passenger side of Diedre Watson’s gray Honda. Watson had been westbound on Atlantic Boulevard and was in the process of turning left onto Northwest 21 Avenue.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Laughman to North Broward Medical Center, where he died at 2:36 a.m. Anyone with information about the crash can report it to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477).
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Grimes, Sgt. L. Akers, THI, RID Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 2/8/11 1400
Translate This Page: