ARMED ROBBERS ROUNDED UP
- BSO Case Number: PB01-12-4324
- PIO Number: 01-12-30
- Date: November 20, 2001 through December 17, 2001
- Place of Occurrence: Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties
- Dozens of retail stores in the tri-county area
- Errol A. Phillip, 35, 9/6/66, 13354 Orange Grove Blvd., West Palm Beach
- Jeffrey Myers, 41, 11/24/60, 13354 Orange Grove Blvd., West Palm Beach
Description of Incident:
A string of three-dozen armed robberies in Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties is over with the arrest of two suspects in Palm Beach County.
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives say 35-year old Errol A. Phillip of West Palm Beach has confessed to committing 36 armed robberies between November 20th and December 17th of this year.
In most cases, Phillip would enter a convenience store armed with a knife, demand money, and then escape with his loot in a white, 2-door Honda.
Shortly after 3:00 pm on Sunday, December 16, 2001, Phillip, along with 41-year old Jeffrey Myers of West Palm Beach, robbed the North Lauderdale Discount Beverage store at 7150 Kimberly, North Lauderdale.
A witness reported the tag number of the suspect’s getaway vehicle and the Broward Sheriff's Office put out a bulletin for other law enforcement to be on the lookout for the suspects.
The morning of Tuesday, December 18, 2001, a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy spotted the suspect’s vehicle and arrested the pair in the 3500 block of South Federal Highway in Boynton Beach.
Seven of the armed robberies to which Phillip has confessed fall under BSO jurisdiction. Detectives say Myers is linked to only three armed robberies at this time.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Ulvang / Dets. D. DiPerna & R. Kerr
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 12/18/01 5:00 pm