BSO INVESTIGATING SAVAGE BEATING DEATH (Updates with Victim Information)
- BSO Case Number: BS02-03-3471
- PIO Number: 02-3-11
- Date: March 8, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 3400 block of NW 6th Court, unincorporated Broward
- Melvin L. Graham, 33, 2/28/69, 853 NW 13th Street, Ft. Lauderdale (deceased)
- As many as eight unidentified assailants
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are actively pursuing leads in the savage beating of a Ft. Lauderdale man left to die in the street in the 3400 block of unincorporated Broward County.
It appears that 33-year old Melvin L. Graham of 853 NW 13th Street argued with the patron of a Ft. Lauderdale tavern shortly before 2:00 this morning, March 8, 2002.
Graham reportedly left the bar got into a vehicle and followed the bar patron with whom he had been arguing. While being pursued, the patron apparently used his cell phone to call several friends for protection.
Sometime around 2:00 am, the pursued patron pulled his car over in front of a home in the 3400 block of NW 6th Court with Graham pulling over behind him. Almost immediately, two other vehicles showed up. In each of those two vehicles were three friends of the patron.
A fight ensued, Graham was evidently set upon by several of the patron’s friends, severely beaten and left to die in the street.
BSO deputies were notified of the brawl and rushed to the scene, but the suspects had already fled.
Melvin L. Graham died at about 9:00 this morning at Broward General Medical Center.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. E. Thomasevich & T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Graf / PIO 3/8/02 4:00 pm
Posted At: 03/08/2002 04:12 PM
- Melvin L. Graham (1999 photo) - Melvin L. Graham (1999 photo)
Translate This Page: