MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN TRAFFIC CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 11-1406-006144
- PIO Number: 14-6-28
- Date: June 25, 2014
- Time: 3:40p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2600 W. Sample Road, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Cody Hartwell, male, 21, 3/22/93, Davie (DECEASED)
- Barbara A. Miller-Newton, female, 51, 11/25/62, Margate
Description of Incident:
A 21-year-old Davie man riding a motorcycle on Sample Road Wednesday afternoon died when he collided with a minivan. Broward Sheriff's Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the incident.
Witnesses told detectives that the Suzuki GXR motorcycle was travelling westbound around 3:40 p.m. and appeared to be going above the posted speed limit. It collided with a Dodge Caravan that was turning north from the eastbound lanes. Cody Hartwell was thrown from the motorcycle.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded and pronounced him dead at the scene. The driver of the van, Barbara Miller-Newton of Margate was not injured.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO THI Dets. Kelliher and DeJesus, Sgt. Michael
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 6/26/14 1630
Posted At: 06/26/2014 04:22 PM
Translate This Page: