BSO DETECTIVES SEEK AQUAMAN
VILLAINOUS VANDAL FLOODS CHURCH, RESTAURANT
- BSO Case Number: WS12-05-01840 WS12-01-01620, WS11-09-00274
- PIO Number: 12-7-6
- Date: 9/5/11, 1/26/12, 5/26/12
- Time: various
- Place of Occurrence: First Baptist Church at Weston, 1420 Indian Trace, Weston East City Grill, 1800 Bell Tower Lane, Weston
- Jurisdiction: Weston
- First Baptist Church of Weston
- East City Grill
- unknown (surveillance video released)
Description of Incident:
Cruising around in loafers, socks and Bermuda shorts, the portly bicyclist seems more like retiree enjoying the weather than a water-wasting vandal Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives have dubbed “Aquaman.”
Surveillance cameras caught the suspect turning on water valves, putting a hose in an air vent, turning sprinklers on and kicking pvc pipes, all in an apparent effort to flood the First Baptist Church at Weston and the East City Grill.
Detectives believe he has done the same at least thing three times – twice at the church in January and May and once at the restaurant in September 2011. It’s unclear why. Both buildings sustained some flood damage.
Anyone who can identify the man in the surveillance video can report information to BSO Det. Doug Wendt at (954) 659-3531 or anonymously call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Media note: The surveillance video is attached to this news release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Wendt, Weston
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 7/13/12 1430