RESTAURANT ROBBER HITS POMPANO
- BSO Case Number: PB04-02-3201, PB04-02-3329, PB04-02-3501, BS04-02-4100
- PIO Number: 04-2-26
- Date: Sunday, February 8th and Monday, February 9th 2004
- Place of Occurrence: IHOP, 790 N. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, Papa John’s, 218 S. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, Side Pocket Pub, 18 S. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, Steve’s Family Restaurant, 3685 N. Federal Hwy, near Pompano Beach
- IHOP, 790 N. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach
- Papa John’s, 218 S. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach
- Side Pocket Pub, 18 S. Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach
- Steve’s Family Restaurant, 3685 N. Federal Hwy, near Pompano Beach
- Unidentified white male
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives are on the trail of a gunman with an appetite for robbing restaurants. Over two days, the crook has hit four establishments in or near Pompano Beach.
The first robbery was on February 8th just before 7:00 a.m. at the International House Of Pancakes (IHOP), 790 North Federal Highway. The suspect asked for coffee, then showed the waitress a gun tucked into his waistband and demanded money from the register. The frightened woman handed over some cash and the dehydrated delinquent took off.
About eight hours later, the gunman hit the Papa John’s pizza store at 218 South Federal Highway. He grabbed a soda, went to the counter, displayed a handgun, and announced the robbery. This time, he threatened to shoot anyone who followed him out of the pizzeria as he walked out the front door with a fistful of cash.
Then, a little before 1:00 a.m. on Monday the 9th, the suspect robbed the Side Pocket Pub at 18 South Federal Highway. After ordering a beer, the thirsty thug pulled out a handgun and told the bartender to hand over all the money. The barkeep complied and the crook took off out the back door.
At about 3:30 Monday afternoon, the suspect attempted to rob Steve’s Family Restaurant at 3685 North Federal Highway near Pompano Beach. This time, however, he left empty handed after an employee told him there was no money in the eatery.
BSO detectives have released surveillance video of the IHOP robbery and are asking anyone with information on the restaurant robber to call Crime Stoppers anonymously at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for information leading to an arrest in these cases.
The suspect is a thin, white man, 30-45 years old, about 5-foot-7, and approximately 170 pounds. Photographs of the suspect are attached to this news release as it appears on the Broward Sheriff's Office website at www.Sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. L. Crew & M. Drazin, CI, Robbery / D-10 / D-9
- THIS REPORT BY: H. Graf / PIO, 2/10/04 11:00 a.m.
Translate This Page: