ARMED MEN RAID PAWN SHOP, GRAB $217,000 IN JEWELRY, CASH
- BSO Case Number: 19-1312-000575
- PIO Number: 14-1-9
- Date: December 28, 2013
- Time: 7 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Lucky’s Pawn, 4468 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Pembroke Park
- Jurisdiction: Pembroke Park
- Bertram Cornelius, male, age 34
- Helmud Dumay, male, age 19
- Digna Hernandez, female, age 24
- two unidentified males (surveillance video available)
Description of Incident:
Two men with guns rushed into a Pembroke Park pawn shop recently, forced two employees and a customer into a back room while they swiped a small fortune in jewelry and cash.
One robber carried a gun in a holster on his hip and another in his hands. He wore all black, including black sneakers with white trim, gloves, sunglasses and a black baseball cap with a red lid and writing on the front. He moved quickly through the store, shoved two men and one woman into the room with the safe and forced two of them to the ground.
In minutes, he grabbed cash and about $212,000 worth of rings, bracelets, earrings, watches and necklaces with emeralds, diamonds and onyx. Among many other things, he swiped a ring shaped like a cougar, another like a cross, a heart pendant with the word “love” and another saying “#1 Grandma.” His accomplice, also dressed in black and carrying a handgun, played sentry at the front door.
Several surveillance cameras captured the crime. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Scott Nida at (954) 321-4249 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Media Note: A clear video is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Robbery Det. Nida, CID Pembroke Park
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 1/13/2014 1330
Posted At: 01/13/2014 01:31 PM
Translate This Page: