DARK CAR INVOLVED IN HIT-AND-RUN
SEARCH IS ON FOR DRIVER
- BSO Case Number: 12-1309-001245
- PIO Number: 13-10-4
- Date: September 12, 2013
- Time: 6:06 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Intersection of East Prospect Road and North Dixie Highway, Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Ernest Anthony Bagnoli, 55, male, Oakland Park
Description of Incident:
BSO detectives are searching for the driver of a dark colored car involved in a hit and run in Oakland Park which left one man injured.
On the morning of September 12, Ernest Bagnoli was traveling north on Dixie Highway when his 2008 Honda Scooter made impact with a dark colored car at the intersection of Dixie Highway and Prospect Road. The unidentified driver paused for only a few seconds before deciding to flee the scene east on Prospect Road. The collision was captured by two nearby surveillance cameras.
Bagnoli was thrown from his scooter on impact and sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Oakland Park Fire Rescue transported him to Broward Health Medical Center.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO deputy Peter Outwater at 954-202-3131 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A video is available for download from our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Dep. Peter Outwater, D12
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 10/3/13 1100