MAN KILLED ON FRONT PORCH, WIFE AND KIDS HEARD GUNSHOTS
- BSO Case Number: NL13-07-002261
- PIO Number: 13-6-19
- Date: June 24, 2013
- Time: 10:53 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1109 Belmont Place, North Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: North Lauderdale
- Kishon Dacosta, male, 26, 12/26/86, 1609 Belmont Lane, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A 26-year-old man was gunned down Monday night as he walked into his condo with a movie he had just rented at Wal-Mart. Kishon Dacosta died on his front porch after being shot multiple times. His wife, her two pre-teen children and the couple’s three-month-old baby had been inside waiting for him.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office received multiple 911 calls around 10:53 p.m. from neighbors who heard gunshots in the gated Belmont Condos community. When deputies arrived, they found Dacosta on his front porch. He had just parked his car a few feet away. BSO homicide detectives are asking for any member of the public who may have seen anything suspicious in the area between 10:30 and 11 p.m. to report that information.
Anyone with information about the shooting can report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. Ilarraza, Carrasquillo, Sgt. Ellwood, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/ PIO 6/25/13 1815