LAUDERHILL DEAD NAMES RELEASED Detectives Offer Theory on How Men Died
- BSO Case Number: BS02-08-2184
- PIO Number: 02-8-15
- Date: August 5, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Inverrary Plaza Resort, 3501 Inverrary Blvd., Lauderhill
- 1. Dennis Howard, 54, 10/17/47, 3501 Inverrary Blvd., # 518, Lauderhill
- 2. Norman Nathan, 49, 6/20/53, 3501 Inverrary Blvd., # 518, Lauderhill
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are releasing the names of two men found dead Monday in the Lauderhill apartment they had shared. Investigators are also offering a theory behind the deaths of the men.
At Around 11:00 a.m. on August 5, 2002, an employee of the Inverrary Plaza Resort found the bodies of 54-year old Dennis Howard and 49-year old Norman Nathan lying next to each other on the bed of the couple’s apartment. The employee had gone to apartment 518 to check on the welfare of the men since neither had been heard from since Thursday or Friday of the previous week. The resort, located at 3501 Inverrary Boulevard, had been home to Howard and Nathan for approximately eighteen months.
While the investigation into the deaths of Dennis Howard and Norman Nathan continues, BSO detectives say early indications are that one of the men may have been extremely ill and that the couple killed themselves in a suicide pact. That theory may be confirmed by the Medical Examiner, who will rule on the exact cause and manner of death and is awaiting the return of toxicology reports on the deceased.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. O’Neil, Det. K. Kaminsky & R. Libman, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/7/02 3:00 p.m.