PHOTOS MAY PROVIDE INFO ON HIGHWAY HOMICIDE
DETECTIVES SEEK TO SPEAK TO TWO SUBJECTS
- BSO Case Number: OP13-05-00538
- PIO Number: 13-5-8A
- Date: May 5, 2013
- Time: 6:41 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Southbound on-ramp of Interstate 95 at Commercial Boulevard
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Nicholas Romondo Walker, 33, male, 01/14/80, 2014 NW 43 Ter., Lauderhill (DECEASED)
- unknown at this time
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are looking to identify two people that may have information about a highway homicide Sunday.
Nicholas Walker, 33, of Lauderhill was shot and killed Sunday morning as he drove onto Interstate 95 from Commercial Boulevard. BSO Homicide Unit detectives have released photos of a man and woman who may have had contact with the victim prior to the shooting. The pair were seen at a nearby restaurant and left in a silver, four-door car with tinted windows. The vehicle may possibly be a Toyota or similar-type car. The man and woman are not considered suspects but may have information about the incident.
Around 6:40 a.m. Sunday, motorists called 9-1-1 to report shots fired on the interstate. First-arriving BSO deputies found a silver Buick that crashed into a guard rail and caught fire. Walker was discovered dead inside the car.
Anyone who can identify the subjects in the photos or their vehicle or has information about the shooting should contact BSO Det. Brian Tutler at 954-321-4281 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information leading to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: CID, Homicide, THI, Crime Scene, Sgt. Ellwood, Dets. Tutler, Kogan, OPFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 05/06/13 1400