BSO IDENTIFIES DANIA BEACH MOTEL 6 HOMICIDE VICTIM Search for suspect(s) and motive continues
- BSO Case Number: DN02-10-03122
- PIO Number: 02-10-48
- Date: October 26, 2002
- Time: 1206
- Place of Occurrence: Motel 6, 825 East Dania Beach Blvd, # 269, Dania Beach
- Vaughn Lee Brown, 34, 12/13/67, 4515 SW 22 St., Hollywood (Deceased)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives continue to investigate the murder of Vaughn Lee Brown, 34, who was found shot to death inside a Dania Beach motel room over the weekend.
Shortly after 12:00 p.m., Saturday, October 26, BSO District 2 deputies were called to the Motel 6, located at 825 East Dania Beach Blvd. According to the motel manager, one of his employees discovered Brown deceased inside Room #269 when she entered the unit to provide maid service.
BSO homicide detectives are still working to identify a suspect(s) and a motive. The victim, a Publix Direct home delivery employee, checked himself in to the Motel 6 alone back on October 24th.
The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office performed an autopsy Sunday and ruled that Brown died of a gunshot wound.
Investigators are asking anyone with information to contact Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. O’Neil/ CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Elizabeth Calzadilla/ PIO 10/28/02 1 p.m.
Translate This Page: