ARSON INJURES ELDERLY MAN
- BSO Case Number: PB02-01-05461
- PIO Number: 01-2-20
- Date: January 14, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 900 NW 19th Avenue, Pompano Beach
- David Lott, 73, 12/21/28, 900 NW 19th Avenue, Pompano Beach
- Eva Mae “Tina” Travis, 48, 6/27/53, 900 NW 19th Avenue, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
An elderly Broward man was badly burned when he tried to put out a fire set by his
On Monday, January 14, 2002, Broward Sheriff's Office investigators were called to the apartment of David Lott at 900 NW 19th Avenue in Pompano Beach. When detectives arrived, they discovered that Mr. Lott had had an argument early that morning with his occasional roommate, 48-year old Eva Mae “Tina” Travis.
According to Mr. Lott, Travis tried to enter the apartment at about 5:00 am, but was told she couldn’t come in. The elderly man told detectives that Travis has a drug problem and was no longer welcome in his home.
Travis then reportedly broke a window to Lott’s dwelling, set a rolled-up newspaper ablaze, and threw it into the apartment. The fire apparently spread to a sofa before Mr. Lott attempted to extinguish the flames using his cane. For his efforts, Lott sustained second-degree burns to his head and face.
The 73-year old Mr. Lott was taken to North Broward Medical Center where he was listed in good condition.
Travis, who has been arrested twice before in Broward County on drug and alcohol related charges, is behind bars and facing a felony charge of arson punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. K. Erwin
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 01/15/02 2:00pm
- Eva Mae "Tina" Travis - Travis, Eva Mae
Translate This Page: