DRIVER AND PASSENGER KILLED IN FATAL CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 11-1312-004679
- PIO Number: 13-9-26
- Date: December 17, 2013
- Time: 11:24 pm
- Place of Occurrence: 500 block of east Copans Rd., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Frank Defilippo, 54, male, 10/16/1959, 3810 Coco Plum Cir., Coconut Creek (DECEASED)
- Mateus Detoledo Slovinski, 19, male, 10/17/1994, 5468 N.W. 45 Way, Coconut Creek (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Two men were killed in a fatal car crash when the driver’s 2011 Hyundai jumped a median and struck a utility pole on Tuesday night in Pompano Beach.
The car driven by Mateus Detoledo Slovinski, 19, was traveling westbound on Copans Road at a high rate of speed. Slovinski failed to negotiate a curve in the road and traveled over the raised median into the eastbound lanes. His car struck a concrete utility pole on the southeast corner of the intersection of northeast 5 Avenue and Copans Road, causing catastrophic damage to the vehicle.
Slovinski and his passenger, Frank Defilippo, 54, were not wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. The driver was ejected from the vehicle as it rolled as a result of the impact. The passenger was removed from the vehicle by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue and lifesaving efforts began, but both men were pronounced dead on scene.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide detectives Carlos DeJesus or Anthony Morales at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Carlos DeJesus, THI /CID
- BSO Det. Anthony Morales, THI /CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 12/19/13 1135
Translate This Page: