DOUBLE SHOOTING NEAR FORT LAUDERDALE
- BSO Case Number: BS02-07-4800
- PIO Number: 02-7-13
- Date: July 10, 2002
- Time: 2137
- Place of Occurrence: 1809 NW 31 Ave. (Driftwood Apts), uninc. Fort Lauderdale
- 1. Quentin Dozier, 17, 1/1/85, male, 2740 NW 13 Ct., Ft. Lauderdale
- 2. Connelly Roach, 26, 1/22/76, male, 2841 NW 26 St., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office is investigating a brief shooting spree at an apartment complex that left two young men wounded.
The shooting occurred at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Driftwood Apartments at 1809 NW 31st Avenue near Fort Lauderdale. Quentin Dozier, 17, was standing in the yard between the buildings, talking to his two sisters, when a commotion suddenly erupted and someone opened fire. Dozier was shot in the chest. He was rushed to Broward General Medical Center where he remains in stable condition.
BSO deputies immediately established a perimeter but were unable to capture the unknown suspect.
While deputies were at Broward General, investigating Dozier’s shooting, another gunshot victim was dropped off at the emergency room. The second victim, Connelly Roach, 26, sustained a minor wound to his right shoulder. Roach admitted to deputies that he was shot at the Driftwood apartments but said he had no idea why or by whom.
Anyone with information should call BSO at 954-765-4321 or CrimeStoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. G. Benito, Agg Felonies Jim Leljedal / PIO Sgt. W. Davision, Dist. 5 7/11/02 1 p.m.