BSO NAMES LAUDERHILL MURDER SUSPECT
- BSO Case Number: BS02-12-595
- PIO Number: 02-12-7
- Date: December 2, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 4160 NW 21st Street, Apt. A-105, Lauderhill, FL
- Kirk Ennis, 23, 1/9/79, a.k.a. Ladon Richard, 23, 5/5/79, no known permanent address (deceased).
- Monifa Smith, 24, 9/23/78, 4160 NW 21st St., Apt. A-105, Lauderhill FL
- Kareem Lightbourne, 26, 10/16/76, last known address of 4160 NW 21st St., Apt. A-105, Lauderhill, FL
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are looking for a 26-year old man wanted for Monday’s shooting death of another man in Lauderhill. An arrest warrant has been issued for Kareem Lightbourne, charging him with first-degree murder and armed kidnapping.
According to investigators, Lightbourne had shared an apartment with 24-year old Monifa Smith at 4160 NW 21st Street in Lauderhill, but had moved out about a month ago. They say that on the evening of Sunday, December 1, 2002, Smith was at a Dania Beach restaurant where she encountered 23-year old Kirk Ennis, a man she had known for about a year. Ennis, who was also known to use the names Ladon Richard and ‘KJ’, and Smith ended up at Smith’s apartment.
It appears that sometime between four and five o’clock the following morning, Lightbourne entered Smith’s apartment, shot Ennis, and kidnapped Smith at gunpoint. Investigators say Lightbourne drove Smith around for nearly two hours before the woman was able to escape near a grocery store on State Road 7 and call for help.
Lauderhill Police responded to Smith’s apartment where they found the body of Ennis and requested the assistance of the Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit.
Kareem Jobbar Lightbourne is 26-years old, 5-foot-7, weighs about 170 pounds, and was last seen driving an older model, white, four-door, compact car. He may have fled to the West Palm Beach area where he has family and friends. He should be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Kareem Lightbourne should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for anonymous information leading to this murder suspect.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. F. Ilarraza & K. Kaminsky, CI/Homicide
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 12/3/02 3:30 p.m.
Posted At: 12/03/2002 12:00 AM
Translate This Page: