SECOND CHARGED WITH MURDER FOLLOWING BAR FIGHT
- BSO Case Number: BS02-03-3471
- PIO Number: 02-3-24
- Date: March 8, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 3451 NW 6th Court, unincorporated Broward
- Melvin L. Graham, 33, 2/28/69, 853 NW 13th Street, Ft. Lauderdale (deceased)
- Nick Demon Bell, 21, 5/27/80, 3401 NW 6th Ct., Ft. Lauderdale
- Willie James Sheely, 20, 9/20/81, 3391 NW 6th Ct., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
As Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives continue with their investigation, a second man is being charged with taking part in the killing of a Ft. Lauderdale man last week.
Locked up in BSO’s main jail facing a charge of murder, is 21-year old Nick Demon Bell of 3401 NW 6th Court in Ft. Lauderdale.
An additional witness has implicated Bell in the March 8th murder of 33-year old Melvin L. Graham. Graham was killed sometime around 2:00 am after a dispute that started at the Longshoreman’s bar at 500 NE 2nd Street in Ft. Lauderdale and ended in the street outside a home at 3451 NW 6th Court in Ft. Lauderdale.
Graham died after being hit in the head and the body with large pieces of concrete.
On Monday, March 11, 2002, BSO detectives arrested 20-year old Willie James Sheely of 3391 NW 6th Court. in Ft. Lauderdale after he confessed to his part in Graham’s murder.
On March 15, 2002, Bell admitted to detectives his part in the killing of Graham.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Carr, Dets. E. Thomasevich & T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 3/15/02 5:30 pm