JULY 4th CAR SHOOTING VICTIM DIES
SUSPECT NOW SOUGHT FOR MURDER
- BSO Case Number: BS12-07-0305
- PIO Number: 12-7-1A
- Date: July 4, 2012
- Time: 5:40 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Northbound of I-95 between Sunrise Blvd. and Sample Road
- Jurisdiction: Broward County
- Bevins Bennett, 20, male, 842 W. 7 St., Riviera Beach (DECEASED)
- Antoinne Robert Hester, 22, male, 3/6/90, 1133 W. 34 St., West Palm Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are asking for the public’s help locating the suspect who shot a man while they were both inside a vehicle on I-95 on July 4.
The victim, Bevins Bennett, 20, remained in critical condition in the hospital since the incident, but sadly succumbed to his injuries Saturday. Investigators are searching for the suspect, Antoinne Robert Hester, 22, who they believe is still in South Florida, most likely in Palm Beach County, where he lives.
At around 5:40 a.m. on July 4, four people were inside the green Kia Soul when, somewhere between Sunrise Boulevard and Sample Road, Bennett was shot. The driver of the vehicle drove him to the emergency room at Broward Health North, where Hester got out of the car and fled on foot.
The motive of the shooting is under investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting or Hester’s whereabouts is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective Valerian Perez at 954-765-4321 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A picture of the suspect is attached to this news release on our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Perez & Berrena, Sgt. Feeley, CID Homicide; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 7/9/12 1330
- PIO 12-7-1 Antoinne Hester - Suspect: Antoinne Hester