WOMAN DIES WHEN CAR PLUNGES INTO CANAL
- BSO Case Number: 02-1311-001298
- PIO Number: 13-11-15
- Date: November 18, 2013
- Time: 1:04 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1200 block of Old Griffin Road, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Tania Carranza, 20, female, 1/25/93, Pembroke Pines (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators are trying to determine the circumstances that led to the death of a woman after her car drove into a canal Monday afternoon in Dania Beach.
Tania Carranza, 20, of Pembroke Pines had been driving her gold 2004 Honda Accord on the small two lane road that runs adjacent to the Dania Beach cut-off canal. The car entered the canal through a clearing at the 1200 block of Old Griffin Road and floated east for approximately two blocks before it sank. BSO Marine Unit divers recovered Carranza’s body from the vehicle. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Carlos DeJesus at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Carlos DeJesus, THI /CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 11/19/13 1300
Posted At: 11/19/2013 12:57 PM
Translate This Page: