SUSPECT NABBED IN OAKLAND PARK MURDER
- BSO Case Number: OP02-03-03289 (UPDATE 2)
- PIO Number: 02-3-35
- Date: March 15, 2002
- Time: 2017
- Place of Occurrence: 2670 NW 26 Avenue, Oakland Park
- Wilfrid Singer, Jr., 28, 6/18/73, male, 5020 NW 18 St., Lauderhill (DECEASED)
- Brandon Bivins, 25, 3/19/76, male, 2670 NW 26 Ave., Oakland Park
- Ronald “Run” Burks, 29, 12/23/72, male, 705 3 Ave. E, Palmetto, FL
Description of Incident:
The killer who left one man dead and another wounded following a Friday night shooting in Oakland Park has been arrested on Murder and Attempted Murder charges.
Sarasota Police arrested the suspect, Ronald Burks, 29, also known as “Run,” Monday night. BSO Homicide detectives had obtained an arrest warrant for Burks and advised Sarasota authorities to be on the lookout for him, knowing he resides in that area and makes frequent trips to Broward County.
BSO Detectives Glenn Bukata and Ray Carmody determined that the shootings were drug related. Burks drove to the Oakland Park house at 8:10 p.m., where the victims, Wilfrid Singer, Jr., 28, and Brandon Bivins, 25, were prepared to sell him four ounces of marijuana and an ounce of cocaine. Once inside the home, Burks pulled out a handgun and opened fired, shooting Bivins several times in the groin and back, and striking Singer one time in the chest. Both men were rushed to Broward General Medical Center where Singer was declared dead shortly after arrival and Bivins underwent surgery for treatment of gunshot wounds.
Following his return to Broward County, Burks was booked into BSO’s main jail, where he is being held without bond
- THIS REPORT BY: Dets. R. Carmody & G. Bukata, Sgt. R. O’Neil Jim Leljedal / PIO 3/16/02 12:30 pm
Posted At: 03/21/2002 03:03 PM
- Burks photo - Ronald
Translate This Page: