MAN STRUCK BY TRAIN TRYING TO FREE HIS BIKE
- BSO Case Number: PB12-05-05163
- PIO Number: 12-5-23
- Date: 5/18/12
- Time: 11:54 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Railroad tracks at McNab Road just west of Andrews Ave., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- James Marine, 45, male, 9/13/66, 2206 Cypress Bend Dr., apt. 201, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Broward County man met a tragic death after the tire of his bicycle got stuck on the railroad track Friday night in Pompano Beach.
The man, identified as James Marine, 45, tried to free his bicycle as the train approached the railroad crossing at McNab Road, just west of Andrews Avenue. The train conductor attempted to slow down the train. As the train approached, the man tried to move away from the track, but he was struck and killed.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue pronounced the man dead on the scene.
BSO detectives believe the death was accidental. Marine’s body has been transported to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy and toxicology report.
The investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Schroeder, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach; Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 5/19/12 1730
Posted At: 05/19/2012 12:00 AM
Translate This Page: