CENTRAL BROWARD HOMICIDE
- BSO Case Number: BS04-06-2666
- PIO Number: 04-6-11
- Date: June 6, 2004
- Time: 2224
- Place of Occurrence: 1600 block of NW 27 Avenue, unincorporated Central Broward near Fort Lauderdale
- Victor Thomas, 19, 10/15/84, male, 2631 NW 16 Court, Fort Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man whose body was found lying on a roadway in Central Broward Sunday night.
Just before 10:30 p.m. on June 6th, a motorist dialed 911 after spotting the victim lying in the road covered in blood in the 1600 block of NW 27 Avenue near Fort Lauderdale. When BSO deputies and paramedics responded to the scene, they found the victim, who was later identified as Victor Thomas, unresponsive and suffering from a gunshot wound.
The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office is expected to perform an autopsy today. The motive remains undetermined and BSO homicide detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the fatal shooting.
Anyone with information on the murder of Thomas is urged to call BSO Homicide Det. John Berrena at (954) 321-4210 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. J. Berrena & D. Nicholson, CI and Homicide Sgt. B. O’Neil, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO