JULY 4th CAR SHOOTING SUSPECT IN CUSTODY
- BSO Case Number: BS12-07-0305
- PIO Number: 13-1-15 (12-7-1A)
- Date: July 4, 2012
- Time: 5:40 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Northbound of I-95 between Sunrise Blvd. and Sample Road
- Jurisdiction: Broward County
- Bevins Bennett, 20, male, 842 W. 7 St., Riviera Beach (DECEASED)
- Antoinne Robert Hester, 22, male, 3/6/90, 1133 W. 34 St., West Palm Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
The suspect wanted for shooting a man while they were both inside a vehicle on I-95 on July 4 is now in custody.
BSO Homicide detectives issued a warrant for the arrest of Antoinne Hester, 22, in July, 2012. This past Monday, Jan. 21, U.S. Marshals agents located Hester hiding under a bed at his grandmother’s home in Riviera Beach. He was taken into custody without incident and will soon be transferred to the BSO Main Jail.
At around 5:40 a.m. on July 4, four people were inside a green Kia Soul when, somewhere between Sunrise Boulevard and Sample Road, Bevins Bennett, 20, was shot. The driver of the vehicle drove him to the emergency room at Broward Health North, where Hester got out of the car and fled on foot. Bennett was in critical condition, but succumbed to his injuries on July 7.
The motive of the shooting remains unclear.
Hester faces one count of first degree murder.
NVESTIGATORS: Dets. Perez & Berrena, Sgt. Feeley, CID Homicide; Crime Scene
THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 1/22/13 1630
Posted At: 01/22/2013 04:25 PM
Translate This Page: