SCOOTER DRIVER KILLED IN COLLISION
- BSO Case Number: 90-1403-002155
- PIO Number: 14-3-23
- Date: March 17, 2014
- Time: 4:09 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1500 N.E. 26 St., Wilton Manors
- Driver 1: James Hugh Jenkins, male, 62,12/30/51, 3019 N.W. 30 Ave., Oakland Park
- Driver 2: Russell Franklin Marder, male, 29, 11/14/84, 7980 N.W. 50 St., Lauderhill (DECEASED)
- Jurisdiction: Wilton Manors
Description of Incident:
A 29-year-old man on a Vespa scooter was killed Monday afternoon when a pickup turned into his path in Wilton Manors. The Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Unit is investigating the crash, which happened just after 4 p.m.
Russell Marder was driving the scooter east on Northeast 26 Street approaching Northeast 15 Avenue. At the same time, the Ford F150 was westbound on Northeast 26 Street. The two collided when the pickup tried to turn south on Northeast 15 Avenue into the path of the scooter. James Jenkins of Oakland Park was driving the pickup.
Ft. Lauderdale Fire Rescue transported Marder to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead just after 6 p.m. Jenkins was not injured.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Anthony Morales at 954-321-4840 or anonymously report tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Morales, Kelliher; Wilton Manors PD, Fort Lauderdale FR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/ PIO 3/18/14 1600
Posted At: 03/18/2014 03:59 PM
Translate This Page: