MURDER MYSTERY IN LAUDERHILL
- BSO Case Number: BS02-04-9905
- PIO Number: 02-4-42
- Date: April 22, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Near the 7000 block of 49th Place, Lauderhill
- Brent Hamilton, 21, 11/10/80, 7079 NW 49th Place, Lauderhill
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are working with Lauderhill police, investigating the murder of a Lauderhill man.
Shortly before 6:00 am on Monday, April 22, 2002, Brent Hamilton was shot near the intersection of 49th Place and 47th Place.
Lauderhill police responding to the scene found no victim and no shooter.
According to BSO investigators, after Hamilton was shot, he phoned a friend. The friend picked up the 21-year old victim and transported him to University Hospital in Tamarac. From there, Hamilton was taken to North Broward Medical Center where he died a short time later.
Hamilton, of 7079 NW 49th Place in Lauderhill, had a short criminal record for misdemeanor offenses.
Detectives are continuing with their investigation and have not disclosed any motive for the killing.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Murray
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 4/22/02 4:00 pm
- Brent Hamilton - Brent Hamilton
Translate This Page: