DRIVER DIES IN LOXAHATCHEE ROAD CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 90-1707-010802
- PIO Number: 17-7-25
- Date: July 27, 2017
- Time: 8:25 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 11900 Loxahatchee Road., Parkland
- Driver 1: Francis O’Brien, 59, male, 12/18/1957, Sunrise (DECEASED)
- Driver 2: Gerardo Landero, 44, male, Miami (HOSPITALIZED)
- Passenger 1: Luis Humberto-Rivera, 31, male, Miami (HOSPITALIZED)
- Passenger 2: Jorge Noel, 37, male, Miami (HOSPITALIZED)
- Jurisdiction: Parkland
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigations Unit detectives are investigating a fatal crash that killed one man and hospitalized three others.
Just before 8:30 a.m. July 27, Francis O’Brien was traveling eastbound in a Ford F-150 on Loxahatchee Road approaching the 11900 block. Simultaneously, Gerardo Landero was driving a 1995 Ford Aeromax L-9000, with passengers Luis Humberto-Rivera and Jorge Noel, westbound on Loxahatchee Rd.
O’Brien’s F-150 drifted into the westbound lane and collided with the driver side front of Landero’s truck within the westbound lane in an offset head-on collision.
After the initial impact, O’Brien’s truck rotated counterclockwise and came to rest on the south side of the road.
Landero continued west, traveled across the eastbound lane and struck the guardrail along the south side of the roadway. The weight of the Ford Aeromax caused it to roll onto its driver side.
O’Brien died on scene. Landero, Humberto-Rivera and Noel were transported to Broward Health North and later transferred to Jackson Hospital in Miami.
The THI investigation is ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Kelliher and Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter PIO 7/28/2017 1130
Posted At: 07/28/2017 11:26 AM
Translate This Page: