WOULD-BE ROBBER SHOT DURING STRUGGLE WITH VICTIM WAS EXPERIENCED CRIMINAL
- BSO Case Number: PB13-04-8272
- PIO Number: 13-4-23
- Date: April 30, 2013
- Time: 5:14 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 421 N.E. 1 St., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- adult male, name temporarily withheld
- Osner Louis, male, 7/18/83, 10820 N.W. 5th Ave., Miami (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
The would-be robber killed by his intended victim Tuesday morning was a 29-year-old Miami man with a lengthy, violent criminal history. Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives continue to investigate the shooting that left Osner Louis dead in a Pompano Beach driveway.
A resident of Conch Key Villas told detectives he had arrived home just before 5:15 a.m., when he encountered Louis near his garage. The two struggled, and the gun fired, fatally injuring Louis. Detectives are looking for a dark-colored car witnesses saw leave the scene. It may have been a newer-model Nissan, Mazda or Acura.
The resident told detectives he believes Louis, whom he did not know, was there to rob him.
Anyone with information about the shooting or the location of the vehicle can report information to Det. John Curcio at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to CrimeStoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for tips that lead to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Dets. Curcio, Rivera, Sgt. Ellwood CID; Crime Scene; Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella May 1, 2013 1500
Translate This Page: