BOMB THREAT ARREST AT AIRPORT
- BSO Case Number: BS01-09-7697
- PIO Number: 01-9-18
- Date: September 16, 2001
- Time: 1645
- Place of Occurrence: 400 Terminal Drive, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
- State of Florida
- Johana Carolina Aranguren, 18, 8/10/83, 9429 Fountainbleau Blvd., Miami
Description of Incident:
A young Miami woman was arrested Sunday at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport after she approached a security checkpoint and said she had a bomb in her car.
At about 4:45 p.m. Johana Aranguren, 18, driving a white Ford Mustang, was stopped a the BSO security checkpoint at the airport parking lot. A BSO deputy asked her if she was carrying any weapons or explosives. Aranguren responded by saying, “there’s a bomb in the glovebox.” The deputy asked her to repeat the statement and she again said, “there is a bomb in the glovebox.”
A BSO bomb-sniffing K-9 team was called to the checkpoint, along with the FBI, and Aranguren was taken into custody. Before it was towed away, the Mustang was checked and its glovebox was bomb-free. Aranguren was arrested by deputies on a charge of Making a False Report of a Bomb and was booked at the Broward County Jail, with her bond set at $7,500.
The charge is a second degree felony punishable by a sentence of 15 years in prison and a fine of $10,000.
- THIS REPORT BY: Dep. Scott Jordan (report) Jim Leljedal / PIO 9/17/01 1515
- Photo of Aranguren - Johana Aranguren
Translate This Page: