MAN FOUND DEAD IN POMPANO BEACH
- BSO Case Number: PB02-06-07420
- PIO Number: 02-6-15
- Date: June 19, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 1200 N. Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach, 4th floor
- Deceased 51-year old white male (name withheld pending notification of next of kin)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a man whose body was discovered this morning when a Pompano Beach maintenance worker opened the door to the man’s apartment.
For at least two days, the worker at the building at 1200 N. Ocean Boulevard had been trying to get into a fourth floor unit to perform routine maintenance. Each time, however, the apartment’s locked door foiled him. At about 9:45 the morning of June 19, 2002, the worker removed the hinges and opened the door. Inside, he found the body of a 51-year old man laying face down. Also in the apartment was a small dog, apparently the pet of the victim.
Detectives from the Broward Sheriff's Office say the victim was an overweight man with a history of health problems and that early indications do not suggest foul play. Still, the investigation will continue and the exact cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiner.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of the next of kin.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. O’Neil & Det. R. Carmody
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 6/19/02 2:30 p.m.