HOMICIDE DETECTIVES MAKE ARREST IN DC BUSINESSMAN’S MURDER
Posted At: 08/08/2013 03:51 PM
- BSO Case Number: PB10-09-3448 (UPDATE)
- PIO Number: 13-8-11 (10-9-13)
- Date: September 12, 2010
- Time: 9:08 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1770 Bay Drive, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Samuel F. Del Brocco, 60, 11/30/49, male, 1770 Bay Drive, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- John Snavely, 26, 2/9/87, male, 711 N.E. 23 Terr., Miami
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives have arrested the man responsible for the murder of a Washington, D.C. area businessman.
It’s been almost three years since Samuel Del Brocco, who traveled to South Florida several times a month, was found dead in his Pompano Beach home.
On September 12, 2010, BSO deputies responded to 1770 Bay Drive to conduct a welfare check after receiving a 911 call shortly after 9 p.m. from an out-of-town woman who was concerned after not hearing from Del Brocco. When deputies arrived, they found his deceased body in the master bedroom.
An autopsy performed by the Broward Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that Del Brocco had been killed as a result of multiple stab wounds.
Investigators said Del Brocco lived in Virginia but took frequent trips to his residence in Pompano Beach. He was the President and CEO of PCI Communications, a communications and strategy company headquartered in Washington, D.C.
It’s during one of those trips, detectives said Del Brocco met John Snavely and took Snavely home with him.
Snavely is currently in jail in Saint Lucie County on violation of probation charges. He faces one count of second-degree murder for his involvement in Del Brocco’s murder.
MEDIA NOTE: HOMICIDE DETECTIVE JOHN CURCIO WILL BE AVAILABLE AT 4:00 P.M. TODAY AT THE PSB FOR INTERVIEWS ON THIS CASE.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Sgt. S. Feeley, CID; Homicide J. Curcio, CID Pompano Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO August 8, 2013 1545
Translate This Page: