ARMED, FOUL-MOUTHED CRIMINALS ROB CONVENIENCE STORE CLERK, CUSTOMER
- BSO Case Number: 90-1404-000573
- PIO Number: 14-4-6
- Date: April 3, 2014
- Time: 11:30 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Stop N Go, 1156 N.W. 31 Ave., Ft. Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Central Broward
- Emdad Chaklader, male, age 52
- Nathaniel Hughes, male, age 57
- unidentified males (surveillance video released)
Description of Incident:
Surveillance cameras were rolling as two robbers covered their faces and aggressively pointed their guns at their victims late Thursday during a convenience store robbery in central Broward County. Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives have released the video in hopes that someone might recognize the two criminals. Though their faces were concealed, the cameras also recorded the sound of the robbery.
Just before 11:30 p.m. Friday, a customer and clerk were chatting near the door of the Stop N Go when the two criminals walked in. One pointed a handgun at the clerk, Emdad Chaklader, and demanded cash from the register. The other forced 57-year-old Nathaniel Hughes to the floor at gunpoint and stole his wallet. Neither victim was injured.
Anyone with information about this crime can contact BSO Robbery Detective Mark Copley at (954) 321-4738 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Robbery Det. Copley, CID; District 5
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 4/7/14 1115
- 90-1404-000573 - Stop and Go convenience store robbery in D5.
Translate This Page: