GIRL DROWNS DURING MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND POOL PARTY
- BSO Case Number: 15-1705-002318
- PIO Number: 17-5-37
- Date: May 28, 2017
- Time: 4:55 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 7206 S.W. 5th St., North Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: North Lauderdale
- Victoria Brown, 5, female, North Lauderdale (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Homicide detectives are investigating the drowning death of 5-year-old Victoria Brown Sunday evening during a church group get-together.
The young girl was attending the pool party with family and friends. When the other kids and adults got out of the pool to eat she wandered back into the pool without being noticed. She was discovered moments later at the bottom of the pool by an adult.
The victim was unresponsive. North Lauderdale Fire Rescue attempted to resuscitate the young girl but they were unable to do so. They transported her to Northwest Medical Center in Margate where she was pronounced dead approximately an hour later.
The death investigation is ongoing.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. James Hayes, CI
- REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 5/29/17 18:30
Posted At: 05/29/2017 06:17 PM
Translate This Page: