MOTORCYCLIST DIES IN CRASH
- BSO Case Number: 10-1402-003181
- PIO Number: 14-2-27
- Date: February 21, 2014
- Time: 2:44 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: intersection of Federal Hwy. and Hillsboro Blvd. Vehicle 1
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Driver: Jonathan R. Bowes, male, 9/16/84, Deerfield Beach (DECEASED)
- Passenger: Amy C. Barwell, female, 9/21/93
- Driver: Elize Alexandre, female, 1/6/58, North Lauderdale
- Passenger: Camil Joseph, male, 2/2/49
Description of Incident:
An accident between a motorcycle and an SUV leaves one dead and another seriously injured early Friday morning in Deerfield Beach. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the crash.
Elize Alexandre was driving north on Federal Hwy. with a passenger, Camil Joseph, when her Toyota SUV was rear-ended by a motorcycle traveling in the same direction. Jonathan R. Bowes was driving a 2004 Honda motorcycle and was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. Bowes’ passenger, Amy Barwell, was not wearing a helmet.
All parties were transported to Broward Health North for treatment of injuries. The impact of the crash caused Bowes to be ejected from the motorcycle. He was pronounced dead at 3:30 am. Barwell was in critical but stable condition. Both Alexandre and Joseph were treated for minor injuries.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Carlos DeJesus at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS:BSO THI Det. Carlos DeJesus and BSO THI Det. Michael Kelliher
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter PIO 2/21/14 1630
Translate This Page: