BODYGUARD CHARGED WITH MURDER
- BSO Case Number: LL03-01-01724 (UPDATED)
- PIO Number: 03-1-38
- Date: January 20, 2003
- Time: 2347
- Place of Occurrence: 4000 block of NW 31 Terrace, Lauderdale Lakes
- 1. Christopher Salmon, 25, 4/28/77, male, 3566 NW 33 Street, Lauderdale Lakes(DECEASED)
- 2. Javier Gray, a.k.a. Andrew Carridice, 25, 10/26/77, male, no known address
Description of Incident:
A man hired as “protection” during a drug deal that turned deadly has been charged with felony murder by Broward Sheriff's Office detectives.
The deadly shooting occurred on Monday, January 20th, in the parking lot of Strokers Take-Out Restaurant at 4083 NW 31 Avenue in Lauderdale Lakes. Just before midnight, BSO deputies responded to a report of shots fired in the area and discovered a victim lying in the roadway on 31 Terrace. The victim was later identified as Christopher Salmon, who died at the scene.
Another victim, Javier Gray, was taken to Plantation General Hospital by his girlfriend to be treated for a gunshot wound to his leg.
Through their investigation, BSO homicide detectives learned that Salmon and Gray had gone to Strokers to conduct a drug deal. According to Gray, it was his job to protect Salmon during the deal for a fee of $500. Detectives say Gray has several aliases, including his street name – Nine Lives – alluding to his ability to avoid being shot.
Gray remains in BSO’s Main Jail charged with one count of felony murder for his involvement with Salmon’s death. Homicide detectives continue to search for the two shooters responsible for killing Salmon.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call BSO Homicide Det. Ken Kaminsky at (954) 321-4270 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Sgt. B. O’Neil, Homicide Dets. K. Kaminsky & F. Ilarraza, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: