SHOOTING IN POMPANO BEACH LEAVES ONE DEAD
WOULD-BE ROBBER KILLED DURING STRUGGLE FOR GUN
- BSO Case Number: PB13-04-8272
- PIO Number: 13-4-23
- Date: April 30, 2013
- Time: 5:14 a.m.
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Address: 421 N.E. 1 St., Pompano Beach
- adult male, name temporarily withheld
- adult male, name temporarily withheld (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
An apparent robbery attempt did not go as planned Tuesday morning when the intended victim struggled for the would-be robber's gun.
The resident of Conch Key Villas told Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives that when he arrived home just before 5:15 a.m., he encountered the armed man near his garage. The two struggled, and the gun fired, fatally injuring the assailant. BSO deputies are looking for a black car witnesses saw leave the scene. The car may have been a newer-model Nissan, Mazda or Acura.
Anyone with information about the shooting or the location of the vehicle can report information to Det. John Curcio at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to CrimeStoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org
- Investigators: Homicide Dets. Curcio, Rivera; Sgt. Ellwood; Crime Scene, Pompano Beach
- This report by: Dani Moschella April 30, 2013 1130
Posted At: 04/30/2013 11:23 AM
Translate This Page: