TWO TRAGIC TRAFFIC FATALITIES
- BSO Case Number: 11-1308-001724 / 04-1308-000497
- PIO Number: 13-8-10
- Date: August 7, 2013
- Time: 5:26 a.m. and 6:40 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2132 Hammondville Rd., Pompano Beach and 3484 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach and Lauderdale Lakes
- 1. Unidentified female (DECEASED)
- 2. Remise Ullius, 34, female, 4/20/79, 3021 NW 35 Ave., Apt. 101, Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
- 1. Dennis Craig Klein, 62, male, 11/13/50, 5303 Jamboree Pl., Margate
- 2. Bruce Edwards Williams, 51, male, 2/25/62, 2750 NW 16 St., Fort Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
Two women are dead as a result of two separate traffic fatalities on the same morning in the cities of Pompano Beach and Lauderdale Lakes.
At 5:26 a.m., a woman in her mid-twenties was attempting to cross Powerline Road when she was fatally struck by a Toyota RAV4 driven by Dennis Craig Klein, 62, of Margate. The victim, who had just gotten off the county bus before the incident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating the incident and working to establish the victim’s identity.
At 6:40 a.m., Remise Ullius, 34, of Lauderdale Lakes, was waiting for the bus when a car veered from the roadway and hit her. The driver, Bruce Williams, 51, of Fort Lauderdale, told detectives he swerved to avoid hitting another car. Ullius was transported to Broward Health Medical Center where she was pronounced dead at 7:40 a.m.
The traffic homicide investigations are ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide detectives Carlos DeJesus or Robert Miller at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Carlos DeJesus, THI /CID and BSO Det. Robert Miller, THI /CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 8/7/13 1420
Translate This Page: