MURDER IN OAKLAND PARK
- BSO Case Number: OP02-03-03289
- PIO Number: 02-3-25
- Date: March 15, 2002
- Time: 2017
- Place of Occurrence: 2670 NW 26 Avenue, Oakland Park
- name withheld, male, (DECEASED)
- Name withheld, male, (HOSPITALIZED)
Description of Incident:
One man is dead and another is hospitalized following a shooting Friday night in Oakland Park.
At 8:17 pm neighbors called 911 and reported hearing gunfire at the house at 2670 NW 26th Avenue. BSO deputies responded to the single-family home and found two men had been shot inside. Both were rushed to Broward General Medical Center where one was declared dead shortly after arrival and the second was taken into surgery for treatment of gunshot wounds.
Detectives believe the unknown suspect or suspects drove to the house, opened fire on the two men, and then drove away. A motive for the shooting remains undetermined.
The names of the victims are being withheld until next of kin are notified.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Broward Sheriff's Office at 765-4321 or CrimeStoppers, anonymously, at 493-TIPS.
- THIS REPORT BY: Dets. R. Carmody & G. Bukata, Sgt. R. O’Neil Jim Leljedal / PIO Sgt. K. Pollard, Chief L. Rogers, Dist. 12 3/15/02 11:30 p.m.