TWO DRIVERS DIE IN SINGLE-CAR CRASHES ON THE SAME MORNING
- BSO Case Number: 08-1401-001788 and 07-1402-000022
- PIO Number: 14-2-1
- Date: February 1, 2014
- Time: 12:09 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1100 block Weston Rd., Weston
- 7500 block N. University Dr., Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Weston and Tamarac
- 1. David Sandoval, 49, m, 9/29/64, Weston (DECEASED)
- 2. Daniel Forehand, 24, m, 1/22/90, Hollywood (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff Office Traffic Homicide detectives responded to two single-car crashes in the early hours of February 1, which left two drivers dead after they lost control of their vehicles.
At minutes before midnight David Sandoval was traveling North in his Ford Explorer when he lost control of his car and crashed into a tree in the median at the 1100 Block of Weston Road. BSO Traffic Homicide detectives and Weston Fire Rescue responded and Sandoval was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:09 a.m.
At 5:52 a.m. on that same morning BSO Traffic Homicide detectives responded to a second crash at the 7500 block N. University Dr., in Tamarac. Daniel Forehand, 24, was traveling North on University Drive in his Infiniti G35 when he failed to maintain control of his car and struck a concrete utility pole on the East side of the roadway. The vehicle was split in two from the force of the impact. Forehand was pronounced dead at the scene.
Preliminary investigation of the two scenes revealed no signs of any other vehicles having been involved.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide detectives Carlos DeJesus or at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Carlos DeJesus, Det. Kelliher THI /CID
- REPORTED BY: Gina Carter PIO 2/1/14 1630
Translate This Page: