SUSPECT KILLS TOW TRUCK DRIVER, SHOOTS AT DEPUTIES
- BSO Case Number: 04-1308-03210
- PIO Number: 12-8-9
- Date: August 6, 2013
- Time: 2:51 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: St. Croix Apartments, 4150 NW 34 St., Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- David Herr, 36, male, 1/17/1977, 5840 Atlanta St., Hollywood (DECEASED)
- Adult male in his 30s (HOSPITALIZED)
Description of Incident:
A tow truck driver is dead and his shooter is hospitalized after firing at Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies.
BSO units were dispatched to the St. Croix apartments just before 3 p.m. on August 6 in response to a shooting. At the request of management at the apartments, employees from All County Towing were removing vehicles that were not supposed to be on the property. Herr was confronted by the owner of a car he was getting ready to tow. The suspect shot him several times. As deputies arrived on scene they were met by the suspect who then shot at deputies. At least one deputy returned fire, injuring the suspect. No one else was injured.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue personnel tended to Herr, but the efforts proved futile. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The suspect was airlifted to Broward Health Medical Center in critical condition.
BSO Homicide and Internal Affairs detectives will investigate. Per BSO policy, the deputy who fired his weapon will be place on administrative leave.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Tutler, Sgt. Feeley, CID Homicide; Lauderdale Lakes; Crime Scene; BSFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO; 8/6/13 1900
Posted At: 08/06/2013 06:59 PM
- PIO 13-8-9 SUSPECT KILLS TOW TRUCK DRIVER, SHOOTS AT DEPUTIES - SUSPECT KILLS TOW TRUCK DRIVER, SHOOTS AT DEPUTIES
Translate This Page: