BICYCLIST KILLED IN WESTON
- BSO Case Number: 08-1408-001026
- PIO Number: 14-8-12
- Date: 8/13/14
- Time: 7:54 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 20100 block Saddle Club Road, Weston
- Jurisdiction: Weston
- Luis Escobar, 51, male, 5/5/63, 611 Racquet Club Rd., #4, Weston (DECEASED)
- Marylil Matos, 43, female, Weston
Description of Incident:
A Weston bicyclist died Wednesday night after he swerved into another lane of traffic, hitting a vehicle passing by.
The incident took place just before 8 p.m. Aug. 13 in the 20100 block of Saddle Club Road in Weston.
Luis Escobar, 51, was riding with a group of bicyclists, heading eastbound in the bike lane of Saddle Club Road. For reasons unknown, Escobar rode out of the bike lane and across the right lane, striking the side of the vehicle in the left lane.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue rushed to the scene, but Escobar’s injuries were fatal.
Marylil Matos, the driver of the 2013 Honda Pilot involved in the incident, remained on scene.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating the possible cause of the accident.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Kelliher & Morales, THI; Weston; BSFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 8/14/14 1230
Translate This Page: