SHOOTING VICTIM IN CRITICAL CONDITION - BSO DETECTIVES SEARCH FOR SUSPECT
- BSO Case Number: BS12-07-0305
- PIO Number: 12-7-1
- Date: July 4, 2012
- Time: 5:40 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Northbound of I-95 between Sunrise Blvd. and Sample Road
- Jurisdiction: Broward County
- Bevins Bennett, 20, male, Riviera Beach
- Antoinne Robert Hester, 22, male, 3/6/90, 1133 W. 34 St., West Palm Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating the early morning shooting of a man who was inside a vehicle that was northbound on I-95 on July 4.
Four people were inside the green Kia Soul when, somewhere between Sunrise Boulevard and Sample Road, Bevins Bennett, 20, was shot. The driver of the vehicle drove Bennett to the emergency room at North Broward Medical Center, where the shooter got out of the car and fled on foot. Bennett remains at NBMC in critical condition.
The shooter has been identified as Antoinne Hester, 22. The motive of the shooting is under investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting or Hester’s whereabouts is asked to contact BSO Homicide Detective Valerian Perez at 954-765-4321 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $1,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A picture of the suspect is attached to this news release on our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Perez & Berrena, Sgt. Feeley, CID Homicide; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 7/4/12 1830
- PIO 12-7-1 Antoinne Hester - Suspect sought - Antoinne Hester
Translate This Page: