DEERFIELD BEACH FATAL
- BSO Case Number: DR01-10-5535
- PIO Number: 01-10-36
- Date: October 27, 2001
- Time: 8:06 AM
- Place of Occurrence: 4100 block of Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach
- Christopher Oakland, 20, 5/25/81, 2611 NW 63rd Terrace, Margate (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Margate motorist was killed this morning when his car veered out of control and crashed into a light pole on Powerline Road in Deerfield Beach.
BSO traffic homicide investigators say Christopher Oakland, 20, was driving his 1984 brown Buick Regal southbound on Powerline, in the outside lane. A witness told them another car, traveling at high speed, weaved around a truck and Oakland’s Buick, cutting him off. Oakland lost control of his car and hit a light pole. Deerfield Beach Fire Rescue pronounced him dead at the scene.
Investigators are trying to locate the phantom vehicle that caused the fatal crash, however details are sketchy. They are looking for a mid-size car, possibly a late ‘80s or early ‘90s Buick, light tan, driven by a white male. Since the phantom vehicle did not hit Oakland’s car, there would be no apparent damage.
Anyone with information is urged to call BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Bruce Babcock at (954) 321-4840.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. B. Babcock, THI, BSO District 10-Deerfield Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Cheryl Stopnick, Media Relations, October 27, 2001/1225 hrs.
Posted At: 10/27/2001 12:27 PM
Translate This Page: