ELDERLY PEDESTRIAN STRUCK AND KILLED ON CLUBHOUSE DRIVEWAY
- BSO Case Number: TM02-11-01704
- PIO Number: 02-11-18
- Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2002
- Time: 2211
- Place of Occurrence: 4985 E. Sabal Palm Blvd., Tamarac (Clubhouse)
- Norman Sion, 72, 1/25/30, 4970 E. Sabal Palm Blvd, Tamarac (DECEASED)
- Ida Kozlow, 76, 6/17/26, 4950 E. Sabal Palm Blvd. Tamarac (DRIVER)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives continue to investigate the death of an elderly man who was struck by a car and killed while walking down the driveway of a Tamarac clubhouse.
The accident occurred shortly after 10 p.m., on Wednesday, November 13. The victim, Norman Sion, 72, had just exited the community clubhouse and was about 80 feet from its entrance when he was struck and killed by a 2002 Toyota Camry. The car’s driver, 76 year-old Ida Kozlow, was headed westbound through the building’s parking lot when she struck Sion, dragging him for approximately six feet before coming to a full stop.
BSO District 7 deputies and traffic homicide detectives were immediately called to the scene where the victim was pronounced dead. No charges have been filed and speed does not appear to have been a contributing factor. The investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. R. Hodges, Dets. B. Babcock & M. Gorman/ CI Traffic HomicideLt. B. Friel/ District 7
- THIS REPORT BY: Liz Calzadilla/ PIO 11/4/02 Noon
Translate This Page: